“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
― Oprah Winfrey
We are a few days into the new year and, if you are anything like me, are eager to get your New years resolutions rolling.
Some of you realists may be thinking, “What’s the point? No one ever fulfills their New Years resolutions”… To some extent I do agree with you. Firstly, it can be terribly difficult to break old-time habits. Secondly, why do you need a time of year to start afresh and try something new?
Personally, I find excitement and pleasure out of planning changes in my life. I am sure I am not alone. The New Year welcomes a new beginning, a fresh start and a time to reflect on the previous year and how much you have grown as a person. Consequently, I have thoughtfully decided upon my New Years resolutions.
Before I delve into them, let me know what your resolutions are in the comments below!
1. Quit the sugar – Fear not, what I mean is quitting the added sugars. We need fruits and I love Greek yogurt – a lot. But say goodbye to chocolate and brownies oh and white bread! 😦
2. Travel to see my Italian friend – For me, 2017 was the year of friendships. I was lucky to have met many beautiful friends, one of them was Scimmy from Italy. I hope to travel to Italy and see her!
3. Travel to America – This may have been planned in 2017, but still its on the big list of things to do in 18′ 😀
4. Learn Italian … Duh – Can’t go to Italy without learning some Italian right? “Io vorrai un caffe, per favore”… At least I can order a coffee!
5. Sketching or painting – I have always had an interest in painting or sketching … I regret not actively looking for classes when I was younger! I dabbled in this a little at the end of 2017 and aim to continue to do so in 2018 🙂
6. Money and saving – Not two things I like to see together… 2018 is the year of less retail therapy and more budgeting! I am sure I am not alone with this either!
7. Read Harry Potter … in French – I am one of those unfortunate souls who has yet to read J. K. Rowling’s famous book series and I love French, so what better way then to kill two birds with one stone and do both at the same time? … I just have to learn French first. Wish me luck!
That’s all folks! I wish you all a happy New Year and I hope you achieve everything you set out to do! Don’t forget to share your New Years resolutions in the comments below!